Logan Optical Design is an optical design consulting company with 15 years experience in design, layout and analysis of various optical systems; from single element designs to complex wide angle imaging system designs. LOD uses Zemax optical design code that is capable of geometrical ray analysis, CAD imported raytracing, and physical optics propagation. LOD also specializes in modeling high power LEDs and laser diodes, which are more commonly being used in a variety of commercial optical systems today. Some examples of LOD optical designs can be seen by clicking on the Design Tabto the side or at the end of this page.
LOD areas of expertise are shown below:
1. High power LED modeling and simulation; including electric circuit design.
2. Laser diode modeling and simulation.
3. High Intensity Discharge (HID) lamp reflector design.
4. Astromonical telescopes.
5. Zoom telescopes.
6. Wide Angle (WA) lens design.
7. Hypersectral lenses.
8. Scan lenses and laser micrometer systems.
9. Diffractive systems.
10. Fresnel lens design.
11. CAD imports of mechanical systems for optical analyses in Zemax.
12. Anamorphic lens design.
13. Laser beam linear propagation analyses.
14. Femtosecond, nanosecond, and CW damage threshold experimentation and analysis.
15. Femtosecond micromachining.
16. High power CO2 and CO resonator design and analysis.
17. Nonlinear femtosecond Zscan experimentation and analysis.
18. Superconductivity research.
19. Coefficient of linear and nonliear thermal expansion measurements on transparent and nontransparent materials.
20. Optics cleaning on dielectric coatings as well as dielectric, gold and silver coatings.
The above are all areas that LOD has expertise in and we use the following software to assist in each topic:
1. Zemax optical design code.
2. AGi32 Photometric Toolbox
3. Mathcad mathematical software.
4. Matlab mathematical software.
5. All Microsoft software packages.
We will develop any optical system that meets your specifications with a current product or product under development, as well as any of the above topics. LOD will work closely with clients on all project issues including opto-mechanical, electronics, vendor selection, and procurement. LOD contracts to North Pointe Associates, SolidForm, and Precision Circuit for mechanical and electrical designing. We will provide a timely response to enable customers to meet project deadlines.